47RE Stage 5 Package, 1999.5 - 2002 Dodge 2WD. The 47RE transmission is the weakest point on a Dodge Cummins truck. Not only do they fail on trucks with minor upgrades, but even trucks in stock form have been known to be too powerful. A heavy duty truck needs parts which can stand up to heavy trailers, stop-and-go commutes to work, or high-horsepower applications. Thats why ATS modifies the transmission to make it the strongest and most reliable part of your drivetrain.
With the many shortcomings of the 47RE, none are more important than the clutch packs. This is what takes the power load and transmits it to the rear wheels. We increase the clutch count in the Overdrive, and Overdrive Brake clutch packs which allow much higher torque capacity in each gear. Clutch material is also essential which is why we use Borg Warner and Raybestos clutches which has both high torque strength as well as longevity and reliability.
Another important aspect is the hard parts on the transmission. The factory sheet metal strut anchor is replaced with a much stronger billet strut anchor, allowing more precision application of the band. Along with the factory plastic accumulator piston is replaced with a billet unit as well. The apply lever is a 1:3.8 ratio apply arm, which applies the borg warner red lining band. This band features a performance friction material capable of holding higher power levels.
The valve body receives extensive modifications as well. We give the valve body the ability to lock the torque converter in 1st and 2nd gear, circulate transmission fluid in park/reverse/neutral, machine the TV valve passage and install our proprietary TV valve sleeve, and increase line pressure.
The towing version will deliver smooth, quick, crisp shifts that enhance the drivability and operation of your transmission on the street and attached to a trailer. This is the valve body of choice for a street driven all-purpose truck. It is a very aggressive valve body and a minimum of billet input shaft and flex plate are recommended.
- ATS billet input shaft
- ATS billet flex plate
- ATS billet intermediate shaft
- Commander lock-up controller
- New performance direct clutch pack and steels with 1 added friction
- New performance overdrive brake clutch pack and steels with 1 added friction
- New performance forward clutch pack and steels
- New performance overdrive clutch pack and steels
- Low/reverse band replaced with Borg Warner Red Lining performance band
- Intermediate/2nd gear band replaced with Borg Warner Red Lining performance band
- 1:3.8 band apply lever
- Billet Band strut
- Billet accumulator piston
- Precision machined forward pressure plate (machined step)
- Precision machined lower forward pressure plate (machined flat)
- Precision machined overdrive brake pressure plate (machined flat)
- New direct pressure plate
- Performance low/reverse one-way clutch
- Machined TV valve sleeve (prevents sticking TV valve)
- Ability to achieve 1st and 2nd gear lockup
- Ability to circulate fluid to the torque converter in park/reverse/neutral
- Increase line pressure
- Improve shift quality and firmness
- Gasket and seal overhaul kit
- Bearings and bushing
1999.5-2002 (Build Date On/After 09/99) Dodge Ram 2WD, Stage 5 Auto Trans Package.
- ATS Built 47-RE Auto Trans
- ATS 5 Star Viskus Clutch Drive Torque Converter
- ATS Extra Deep Transmission Pan
- ATS Billet Input Shaft
- ATS CoPilot Torque Converter Lock-Up Controller
- ATS Billet Flex Plate
- ATS Billet Intermediate Shaft
- 1999.5-2002 2500/3500 Cummins Dodge Diesel
- Stage 5 Package 2WD
|Brands||ATS Diesel Performance|
|MFG Original Sku||3099522237.00|
|Grouping Title||47RE Stage 5 Package 1999.5 2002 Dodge 2WD ATS Diesel|
|Last ASAP Update||2020-09-08 13:28:40|
|ASAP Category||Transmission Package|